Monday, April 6, 2009

Flora takes the Omnibus

I have heard that FLORA'S DARE and FLORA SEGUNDA is going to be published in an omnibus edition by Science Fiction Book Club. I am a huge fan of omnibus editions. When you are reading a series, and really enjoy book 1 it is oh so nice to have book 2 between the same boards, ready and waiting to keep you going. I am always looking for omnibuses (omnibii?) but they are, for rather obvious reasons, confined to book clubs usually, and I'm not currently a member of any book club. I know from a collectible stand-point book club editions are valueless, but I've always liked them. They often have cool cover art, and many times are the only way to get books otherwise published as mass markets in hard back form. I have many Tanith Lee books from the 80s and early 90s in book club editions, and I treasure my book club edition of Gene Wolfe's SHADOW OF THE TORTURER and the other volumes in that series. And great cover art, too. I have seen a prelim of the cover art for FLORA FYRDRAACA (as the omni will be called) and it's pretty nifty. When I get the okay, I will post.

The only sad thing is that FLORA'S FURY will then be a little stand-alone, or no edition at all. Unless, she says, laughing diabolically, there is a fourth book...hmm...there's an idea...

3 comments:

Dan Gambiera said...

It really does need to be four books. There's way too much story to resolve in one volume. And with the amount you've had to cut already it's pretty clear that it wants to be four comfortable volumes.

Glad to hear you're writing again!

Erin said...

I second this note... please, please have four books!! I read the first two way too fast.

SO happy you're writing Flora's Fury!!!!

Kate Nelson said...

THAT WOULD BE SOOO AWESOME!!!!!! you should totally do a fourth and a fith and a sixth. haha. it would be really cool though