Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ikea...

I love Ikea.

Visiting Ikea is like journeying to a strange foreign land where everyone lives happy organized lives with furniture named after streams and places in Denmark. Oh, how happy and organized I would be if I lived in an Ikea-display home...

The smell of their cinnamon rolls reminds me of when I visited Sweden and got motion sick on the bus trip to Stockholm, and thought my Dramamine was in my checked luggage, when it was actually in my carry-on, as we found out when we stopped for gas, and my Furious Friend made the driver open the hold to get my luggage so we could get my Dramamine, and then discovered I had had it all the time. There was a lady on the bus selling cinnamon rolls, and now every time I smell them, I get sort of nausous in a nostalgic way.

Ikea is great for site-seeing, and great for shopping for some stuff, but the quality isn't always there. You get what you pay for, eh? Anyway, here comes Ikea Hack, which argues that you can take mass-produced Swedish furniture and re-purpose it as needed. What a fab idea! Hack away...

No comments: