Friday, July 6, 2007

Alas, Poor Gottfried...

I had no idea they made 'em like Prince Gottfried von Bismarck anymore...He was a true thr0wback to another, more decadent, time. And now he is gone, alas...

If only my obituary shall contain the words "flamboyant waster" and "gilded aimlessness"...I would die happy. Also, I long some day to misbehave and be summoned home to my family's castle for a stern talking to...And the dinner party with pig's heads--brilliant! Next party...

Goodnight sweet prince, Oscar, Piers, Monsieur, and Ziggy are waiting to sing you to your rest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's just awesome! Thanks for pointing it out.

My favourite bit is the final sentence:

"He never married."

Justine

Ysabeau Wilce said...

Yes, a truly classic line. The whole obit is a classic--I wish I knew who had written it.