Monday, March 26, 2007

Spammy Names!

Recently I got an email from Tiarnach Dejesus, and then another from Ilya Grant, and then another from Attila Ottilie. Rabid fans? Old high school friends?

No--mysterious spammers!

Occasionally spam will slip through one of my filters, and I'll have to delete the sorry little bugger manually and I've begun to notice that the names on these emails are downright delightful. I have no idea where they come from--are they real addresses and names that have been spoofed, or is some spam bot just combing the Dictionary of Unusual Monikers and frankensteining names that way?

Either way, the end result is charming. I've started to keep a list of the best of them, 'cause you never know when you might have to draw a character name out of your hat, and so far, the spammers are coming up with a far more entertaining collection of appellations than I ever could.

So don't be too surprised if you see a Lieutenant Tiarnach Dejusus or an innkeeper named Attila in some upcoming Califa story.

No comments: