Monday, May 7, 2007

Zombie Cliche.

How come no one sent me the memo about how zombies have become big fat cliches, until I had already started a zombie story?

Tho', Devilman assures me that I have written a story with a zombie in it, not a zombie story. There is a distinction. That is--I hope there is a distinction. And my zombie is more of a revenant, anyway, though his return is not motivated by evil, unless you consider the banality of paperwork so.

Devilman thinks I should change my "revenant" to a C.H.U.D. which is arguably less cliched, but that would require more rewriting than I care to do at this date. I will just say, with bravado, that I have a new and unique addition to the undead canon, and finish my darn story.

2 comments:

Paul Witcover said...

That's tellin' 'em!

Ysabeau Wilce said...

Well--we'll see who tells who!