- Squeezing between giant bags of garbage as you walk down the sidewalk.
- Waiting fifteen minutes in the bathroom line at the Union Square Barnes and Noble because it's the only free bathroom for blocks.
- People who try to push into the train car as soon as the doors open, not allowing you to push out which would then give them room to get on without pushing you (solution: elbows at a sharp angle and push back)
- Waiting an hour an half to pay $8 dollars for bread and butter.
- $8 dollars for bread and butter.
- Teeny tiny mid-level hotel rooms that cost more than a five star hotel in other city in the U.S.
And yes, the Bronx is still up, the Battery is still down, and people still ride through a hole in the ground...