Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wiscon Exodus!

The great Wiscon exodus has begun; my livejournal friends page is slowly going dead as post after post announcing off to Wiscon rolls in. The highways, skyways and byways must be full of migrating writers; you shall know them by their bleary eyes and heavily laden bookbags.

Bothwell and I will join the migration tomorrow, tho' I have yet to break the news to him that he is not invited to the actual con--No Dogs Allowed. Poor Bothwell! It's really is a dog's life. I'll try to pick him up some Michael's K9 Custard, and I think that will make up for his exclusion.

Anyway, upshot is that The CPG will be on another short hiatus (unless one of my guest bloggers decides to pick up my slack again, hint hint) to return next week with a full AAR.

In the meantime, may I suggest that you hie yourself to the nearest bookshop and check out these super fabulous new books, all of which currently reside in my reading pile:

Generation Loss by Elizabeth Hand
Thirteen by Richard K. Morgan
Beige by Cecil Castelluci
The Wallpaper Guide to Istanbul

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Celia said...

I was just looking at your feed, and I think that the reason it's syndicated as flora_segunda is that's what whoever the first person to syndicate it chose to name it--it's a bit weird in that there's no way you can check to see if something's been syndicated already, but have to go through the steps of syndicating it as though it doesn't exist. The key thing is, if it doesn't ask you what you want to call it but immediately pops up with something about adding "feed_name" to your friends list, that means it's already been added by someone who got to name it whatever they wanted to name it.

Ysabeau Wilce said...

That explains it. Grr...when I set up the feed, it seemed to indicate that I was the first one to try to do so, perhaps not. Anyway, now I have to try to get it the feed name changed, if possible, but that's a problem for another day. Thanks for the edification--and it was a pleasure to meet you--I hope you got home safely!