- Dogs in restaurants, shops, bars, and ABC Home.
- Kebab trucks that are open at 12 a.m. ready to provide you with delicious hot food that costs only three dollars.
- Tiny weeny underground stores that sell hand-made rubber stamps--cash only!
- The Empire State Building lit up at night.
- Cobblestone streets lined with skyscrapers.
- Stores that only sell rice pudding.
- The gorgeous doll-house-like West Village.
- Deli coffee--where "regular" means half milk, two tablespoons of sugar.
- Random David Bowie sightings (okay, that wasn't me--it was Paul--but still I'm only one degree removed from a David Bowie sighting, so that's pretty good)
- St Marks-in-the-Bowery, an oasis of history and trees in the middle of tenement district.
- The hustle and the bustle, busy people going busy places.
Monday, May 21, 2007
New York, New York--It's a Helluva Town!
Things I love about New York: